Weddings at St Boniface
- For enquiries about weddings, an appointment should be made directly with one of the priests.
- At least 6 months notice is required to make arrangements. One person must be a baptised catholic and must live in the parish, otherwise a letter of permission is needed from your parish Priest to get married at St. Boniface Tooting.
- If St Boniface Tooting is your parish, and you are planning to get married in another parish, you will need a letter of permission from the parish priest.
Copies of Marriage Certificates
- Fee for marriage certificates £7.00
- Certificates can be issued for weddings from 28th July 1973. If you require a certificate for a prior date, please contact the registrar at Wandsworth Borough Council.
- Please give three days notice when certificate(s) are required. Fee is paid when certificate is requested.
What does the Church teach?
“The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptised persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament.”
Sacred Scripture begins with the creation of man and woman in the image and likeness of God and concludes with a vision of “the wedding-feast of the Lamb.” Scripture speaks throughout of marriage and its “mystery,” its institution and the meaning God has given it, its origin and its end, its various realisations throughout the history of salvation, the difficulties arising from sin and its renewal “in the Lord” in the New Covenant of Christ and the Church.