Works have started on the church and will continue for 8 to 10 weeks; due to be completed in early to middle of March.
- There has been damage to the wooden panels and walls near St Joseph’s altar caused by water leaking through a broken ‘boot’ in the guttering outside. The guttering has been fixed and the wooden panels are being dealt with inside.
- Extractor fans have been fitted in the sacristy to avoid a build up of condensation which has caused damage to walls and ceilings.
- The ceiling boards in the main Church building will be cleaned, re-stained and varnished. Great care is being taken to cover and protect the stone columns, walls, windows and mosaics.
- Painted walls and panels will be repainted.
- The walls and mosaics will be cleaned – very carefully.
- The pews will be cleaned, sanded and varnished. Kneelers will be repaired and recovered.
- Carpets will be done at the end.
- The sound system will also be updated.
- There will be new wooden holders and stands, hand crafted in Streatham, for leaflets, missalettes, etc.
- An interesting change to the metal security shutters outside the repository/shop is also on the way!
- One of the two confessionals seems to have been locked for some years; we have now broken in! Both confessionals will be refurbished to provide a more comfortable environment and the opportunity for face to face confessions.
- Restoration of chalices, cyboriums, sanctuary lights and candles.
- The toilets will be re-tiled and renewed.
The building fund has been used, together with additional Church monies to pay for these works to our church.
You can leave a comment at the end of this page…